Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good-bye CCC

Many of you prayed for the last chapel of the 1st semester, the one that I was speaking in. Thanks so much. It not only went really well, I feel like God gave me more hindsight perspective about my life. It was the end of my 14th year when things started to turn around, so my life can roughly be divided into two halves.

I call my first half the "King Saul" half because the similarities are too numerous to count: head-strong, seeking the praise of men, sacrificing what cost me little - to name a few. It's fitting that it was a week's worth of devotionals on King David's life that was a key factor in my conversion because I'd like so much for the 2nd half (and the rest) of my life to mirror the 2nd king more than the 1st, to be a woman after God's own heart.

Anyway, after my devotional, my students surprised me with cake and a huge card, presents, and a pose for a picture for me. I'm going to miss them so much! May they become men and women after God's heart!

No comments: