Monday, July 26, 2010

Renewal Conference

Renewal Conference is WorldVenture's Annual conference for all its missionaries (who can come) and the staff members from headquarters. The President of the mission gives the State of the Mission update, and we get to hear about all kinds of new ideas and great initiatives for reaching more people around the globe. It's very exciting.

But my favorite part by far were the first two days where we spend every minute of every session only in prayer. I'd never been to a Prayer Summit like that before, and I know I thought "What in the world could we spend two whole days praying about?" However, it was amazing! Monday morning was all about just praising and worshiping our cool God. In the afternoon, we broke into two groups - men and women. Tuesday morning was for prayer in small groups, and I got to share a neat time with 4 amazing women I admire. Then in the afternoon, we all came back together again to offer petitions for the various ministries around the world.
in the Europe/Middle East prayer room

I walked away from the week emotionally and mentally drained but spiritually so revived! Funny how that works.