Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finally: an Update!

I know it's been a while. Oops. Life continues to be good though very very very very busy. This week for example, I got asked to babysit last minute Monday night, drove some colleagues to a Holocaust exhibit Tuesday night, attended an Alpha Course session Wednesday night, subbed at my regular dorm Thursday night, went to a fun concert we've been planning since August on Friday night, and moved in with a couple high school kids to babysit Saturday night. All of it was very fun, and I'm glad I did them, but it's a challenge filling in the cracks with lesson planning and grading when all I want to do is use my new Internet to call people. :-)

Actually, I also mention all those evening things because I covet your prayers for some of them:
- babysitting: the family from Monday night has a student of mine you'll meet in my next prayer update if you get those. She could really use your prayers for her academic needs.
- dorm life: November is traditionally the hardest month for the dorm kids. They've been away from home now the longest, and Christmas is "still" a month away. This is when they're the crankiest. Grades tend to slip, and fights can break out in the dorms. Pray for perseverence.
- Alpha course: The 1st night came, and 10 missionaries showed up. 0 Germans. I wasn't overly shocked having grown up watching my parents do evangelism in slightly religiously dead Europe, but it was still a disappointment when so many of us had invited friends and neighbors. We're going to keep doing it in the hopes that one of these Wednesdays an outsider might still show up. You could pray. Thanks!
- Concert: It was a personal encouragement to me to see my favorite group (Casting Crowns), and I praise God for the opportunity to go. :-)

You're all a blessing. Happy November!

1 comment:

The Arteagas said...

I'm very jealous (but glad!) that you got to see Casting Crowns!!!!