Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thoughts during Finals

This is cool. I'm sitting in Finals and blogging. It probably helps that I don't have to take them. (Only grade them all afterwards. ... Think I'd rather take them.)

Anyway, that's not what I wanted to blog about. As I'm sitting at the back of the classroom looking out over 15 heads, my heart is squeezed, and I'm surprised at how much I've come to love them. SB when she runs up to me every day with a "Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi" until I answer; even now, she's bouncing in her seat as she writes the final essay. DP's quiet intelligence as she shyly sits at the back of the room - until a little game of Jeopardy brings out quite the personality! BR, a Swiss boy scout and all around outdoorsman, who wishes all of class was spent on World War II. KB whose favorite activity is Journal writing and who can wax eloquently with the best of them. LA's enthusiasm for learning; sometimes when she's waving her hand in the air, I think her eyeballs are going to pop out because she's willing me so badly to call on her. LS, the class clown, who now also has crutches to add to his daily tricks and who seems to be best friends with all the girls a grade above him. HK, my beautiful 7th grade Korean, who is going to grow up to be the world's best brain surgeon, though she doesn't know it yet. And that's not even half the kids I love so much!

No comments: