Saturday, January 22, 2011

So you had a bad day, ...

Actually, try bad week. 4 vaccinations on Monday that made me sick Tuesday, dentist Wednesday, all my technology in my classroom failed Thursday, broken pitcher Friday, and a bunch of other uncool stuff in between. Come Friday afternoon, I was sitting at my desk with a pounding headache and trying to get a head start on my lesson planning when a red gummy bear went whizzing past my head.

I whirled to the right only to see Rachel staring at her computer screen unable to contain a smirk on her face. Sneakily, I reached down into the printer (where it had gone), scooped up said gummy bear and turned to hurl it back at her when a white one came flying at my face.

This was war.

Within a couple of minutes, colors were flying through the air, and we were both ducking and squealing around bookshelves, chairs and doorways. I successfully locked her out twice to give myself time to collect all the loose bears, but then she got three students on her side to help attack me. My History 6 textbook worked great as a shield, I have to say.

When we were finished, we set up all the gummies into a battlescene to represent our scene. Sorry if it's a little graphic for children. Thank you God for some fun in our week!

3 comments:

ks said...

we were just talking about gummi bears because my brother brought me back a big bear ful from his stop in Germany. I used to work in a candy store, so I'd take them home and lick the backs and stick them places. They usually stayed for a long time. Cute lil' guys.

Rachel said...

Haha!! I love your description of the battle.

jake said...

And you guys are the teachers!!