Saturday, November 19, 2011

Think Seuss

BFA's music department was feeling especially ambitious this year and decided to put on our first-ever Musical. It was to be a joint venture of the High School and Middle School and include a live orchestra, directed by my friend, Jill Musick. The chosen play was Seussical, and it was an exciting day in the Middle School when our "young ones" nabbed 2 of the main parts. Over all, the cast included some 20 odd Middle Schoolers, 10 more worked on the crew and on the set-building team, and 1 was even in the orchestra. Even among the High Schoolers, I was thrilled to see many of my former students. And THEY ROCKED IT! I can't begin to describe how impressed I was with all of their performances. If I'd been wearing a button shirt, they would've all been on the floor. :-)

MC, representing the Middle School in the orchestra
The center bird is our 7th grader, AM.
I was so proud of my small group freshmen, HH and EE. EE played the General!
Another former student: BD as Horton the Elephant.
Cat in the Hat, Bird, and Jojo (AD, AM, and CC)

No comments: