Monday, August 20, 2012

Seeking cooler temps

It's been hot here in Germany since my return 4 days ago, and TCK's are nothing if no resourceful. My experience growing up in Austria without air conditioning taught me that on the particularly unbearable days, going UP in elevation can help.

Hochblauen is the closest mountain/foothill near our town, and the elevation difference is somewhere around 800 meters (or 2,400 feet). So, Emily and I decided to give it a try, and we were rewarded with a nice, cool, shady spot where we read and played a game for a few hours of afternoon relief. Plus, check out our view! It was one of the best haze-less days I've had on Hochblauen so that I even saw some Swiss Alps way off in the distance. Praise God for elevation!


1 comment:

jake said...

Heard it was 40 in Italy yesterday! Glad you could cool down after sweating getting there :)
Love you, Mama