Thursday, June 6, 2013

Treasured Gifts

Last night was our final Small Group of this school year, and nostalgia rolled over me much like the thunder storm did on top of Hochblauen (our local mountain). While munching on cucumbers and crackers on our make-shift picnic blanket, we bade farewell to the girls' sophomore year by looking back at the gifts we have received. Some were physical, given to each other throughout the year, while others were relational, in the welcoming of two new girls into our group this Spring. They have blessed us already in so many ways. I know I will treasure the marble heart in colors of beige and purple, and I love the games AA has taught us since her arrival.

Of course, my favorite gifts are the ones that gathered in my living room every Wednesday to share tea, cookies, and lives. The girls dug deep this year, and I loved intermixing our fun, goofy times (mainly during sleep-overs) with some serious, vulnerable sharing of the heart. We examined stories this year: the ones we find in the Bible and the ones God is writing into our lives at this very moment. I'll miss them dearly over the summer but look forward to another year of learning more about each other and about our Savior at the same time. Here's to you, MT, EE, PM, KH, AA, HH, CB, and HR!






1 comment:

jake said...

And I know they also treasure the gift you are to them! Love you, Mama