Friday, October 17, 2008

The CCC

The school I'm working at is called the CCC, short for Christian Center of Communications. There are 6 full-time staff (2 admin and 4 admin/profs) plus a whole handful of part-time profs, some of which I see and some of which are only names to me. Currently, the enrollment is 28 students, divided into 3 classes (they graduate with an Associate's degree)., and students get to choose from 3 majors: journalism, TV, and radio. In the first picture, you can see 8 of the 10 freshmen, most of whom I have in my classes - though some are in Beginners, some in Intermediate, and some in Advanced. The second picture was from graduation. I actually didn't know any of those students, but I still got to be in the student-prof picture. Scary! I'm a professor!!!



The Northwestern College president and his wife were down for graduation, so I got to tag along on all the fun field trips they made, exploring Ecuador. Mary (standing next to me) is the interim director of the CCC and a great friend already, even if she's also my boss. Here we are in a hideaway garden at an old resort that used to belong to the president of Ecuador.


On Sunday of that weekend (seems forever ago already), we went to a place called Mindo which is smack dab in a rainforest, most famous for containing every species of hummingbird known to man. But I found the vegetation to be just as spectacular. Here are some pictures of some of the cool things we saw, of which I don't remember a single name. The beetle was the only gross thing.

I really wanted to take one of those shelter leaves with me, but the tour guide wouldn't let me. He was picky like that. Guess that's all for now. Ciao chicas!

3 comments:

six of us said...

Great pics, Katrina! Do you mind if I link your blog on my blogroll? I'm enjoying your parents for the weekend--wish you were here, too!

Allison said...

How big is that beetle?!

Katrina Custer said...

I'm a horrible guesser/estimator, but I'd say 3-4 inches.