Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's FREEZING here!

I know none of you are going to believe me, just as when I was in Taiwan, and I fully understand that you're in the 30's (in Minnesota) while I'm in the 50's, but what you don't understand is that there's no indoor heat here. So when it's 54 outside, it's 54 inside. I'm freezing!

So, this past Sunday, we went to Papallacta, which is perched right on the side of a volcano and is known for its hot springs. At Papallacta, they funnel that hot water into pools for us tourists. Oooh, it was heavenly to soak in. Also, the drive there was gorgeous. I'll just put up my favorite pictures: Serene at the pool, two mountain shots, and one lake shot.

I'm also obviously layering up my clothes. Here are my new favorite socks that Kristin sent me in a care package (along with episodes of The Office and CANDY CORN!).

Otherwise, there's really not much new to report (obviously, if I'm writing a whole blog on the cold). But today I leave for a little vacation to Cuenca. I'll have more to report on that after I've actually been there, so stay tuned. And enjoy your electric blankets and heaters for me.

No comments: