Sunday, February 7, 2010

Chipped Tooth

On Tuesday at 12:01, I was sitting in my office, sneaking a few bites of my sandwich early, when I suddenly felt something hard in my mouth and my tongue kept hitting something sharp. Yep, I spit out a small piece of my left molar. Ewww! I panicked and called Catherine, who told me to call the nurses, who gave me the numbers of the two dentists in town. Both of them, however, had closes at noon and didn't reopen on Tuesdays.

I wasn't in any pain, so I considered leaving it until Wednesday when I could make a real appointment, but it was suggested I should at least get the sharp part filed down, which I did at a dentist in another town. Now, I pretty much loathe dentists - something to do with the 21 teeth I've had pulled in my lifetime. Sitting in a dentist waiting room is fairly the worst torture you could come up with for me. So Tuesday was pretty much ruined for me. And then so was Thursday when I had the real appointment here in Kandern for the filling. Talk about a painful 1 hour of waiting and another even more painful 45 minutes in "the chair." Might as well be electric. Tomorrow's supposed to be the check-up, but I'm considering canceling. Shhhh, don't tell.

6 comments:

The Arteagas said...

I feel your pain! I avoid the dentist at all cost! Hope your tooth is better!

ks said...

That is no fun. One day I was eating pulled pork at church and I thought I'd bit into a bone fragment. But then my tooth was chipped. They don't know why, but it sucked because I had to wait for a long time and then they gave me a crown that actually didn't work that well. Why do such little things like teeth cause such horror in our lives.

Katrina Custer said...

Well said, KS. Why?!

Sheryl said...

Oh! I relate to well---except I'm just living with the fallen apart tooth. You get the bravery medal for the week!

Allison said...

Why on earth have you had 21 teeth pulled in your life? I've never heard of that before.

Katrina Custer said...

6 front baby teeth that wouldn't fall out
4 corner teeth that wouldn't fall out
4 corner teeth again when the wrong ones grew in from the side
3 more corner teeth when the wrong ones grew in from the other side
4 wisdom teeth