Saturday, February 19, 2011

2 sticks of butter

Poor AP and EP. I was supposed to babysit these two girls last Saturday, and their Mom had said we could make cookies together. Anxious, the two girls decided to go ahead and mix up the ingredients before I got there at 7. Then, even more anxious, they decided to go ahead and bake them, too.

However, they were using an American recipe, which clearly called for 2 sticks of butter. German butter comes in packages of 250 grams, roughly 3 sticks of butter each. AP and EP dutifully followed the recipe and put in 2 "sticks."

I know you can just picture the cookie sheet of grease that greeted me when I arrived!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Poor girls! I know just how they feel. I made an expensive recipe once that called for "2#" of powdered sugar (a whole bag!). I didn't know that abbreviation, so I put in 2 cups. The recipe was ruined, so I made it again - the same way! I finally got it right the third time, but it was a pricy mistake.