Wednesday, March 9, 2011

London baby!

My trip to London was fabulous. I got to be an absolute nerd with fellow teacher, Jill Young. We visited the Tower of London and Dover Castle, and I finally saw real, live Murder Holes (something I'd taught in class).
On Saturday, we went inside the British Library where I saw Mozart's signature, a Jane Austen manuscript, the Magna Carta, DaVinci drawings, and part of the Codex Sinaiticus with 2 half-torn fragmented parchment pieces of 3rd century New Testament writings. I had a little worship moment with God in front of that last case. How cool of him to preserve his Word throughout the ages.
The knight on the left tried to woo me, but he was a bit arrogant, so I turned him down. The one on the right purported to be King Henry II's son, but I didn't ask if that made him Richard the Lionhearted or Bad King John.
And then on Sunday, we attended Evensong in Canterbury Cathedral. This shot of it all lit up was my favorite. Stunning building! Ask me sometime about my new most embarrassing moment ever that happened right after I took this photo in the nearby Starbucks.
It was stressful coming home and still needing to lesson plan for the week, but I'm glad I went.

No comments: