Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Days of Laughter

Laughter really is the best medicine, and though I wasn't "sick" per say, I still thank God for the day of laughter he gave me.

1. In History class today, in a slide show of various Renaissance painters and authors, I tried to include a funny picture of a giant from Rebelais' Gargantua and Pantagruel. What I didn't notice until 10 students pointed it out at the same time, was the human figure poised on the tip of the giant's fork just as he was lifting it to his mouth. Gross. And oops. I quickly moved on to the next slide.

2. In German class, a student winked at me. I can't even type it without laughing and blushing. I sit here 6 hours later, and I can't for the life of me remember what the wink was for. All I remember was wildly looking around to see if any other students had noticed. (Sidenote: coming from this particular kid, I know it had no meaning. Most likely he had something stuck in his eye.)

3. I won a door prize tonight at the Staff Appreciation Dinner to go bowling and take 5 friends. Hooray! It was one of the more unusual prizes as nobody even knew there was a bowling alley nearby. The fun part was having people come running up afterwards suggesting combinations of friends I could take. Am I blessed, or what.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I like the wink. I would be embarrassed too. In a giggly sort of way.