Thursday, July 14, 2011

Games

This summer has been amazing in that I feel it's been a wonderful balance between work, time for myself, and time with others. I'm getting a lot of sleep, hopeful to be able to store some up for the coming school year. :-) I've gotten to read a whole slew of books on my reading list, taken both long and short hikes with other BFA-ers in town for the summer, and played a ton of games.

Last week Thursday, 9 of my former students came over for a game night. We played Dictionary, Fishbowl, and Spoons and laughed a lot. JH even came up from Zurich, which was impressive. She and KO spent the night upstairs in my guest room.

Then on Saturday, I was invited to a Dominion tournament. Dominion is a fairly new game for me, though I already love it and own my own set now. I only knew a couple of the people at the tournament, which was super fun meeting more young couples, although I was still the youngest, which meant I got to start every round. Yipee! I came in 9th place - ouch - but now that I have my own set, I plan on getting better, so you all should consider yourselves challenged!
This week, I moved in with the E kids for three days while their parents were gone. 9-year-old NE apparently can't get enough of games, and his sisters were more than happy to let me take over the role of his playing partner. In three days, we covered Taboo, Set, Outburst Junior, Dutch Blitz, Speed, Stress, Who Is It, War, Skipbo, and lots of Mario Kart on the Wii. I didn't know that was possible. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE Dominion! Oh, what fun!

Joyce Lynne said...

Yay! I got you to mention me on your blog again!!! I love being mentioned! We did have so much fun altogether! Thanks again for giving me a wonderful place to sleep! I guess we are "even" now since we've both had an overnight at eachother's house:)