Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Girls are Back!

I crawled up to the back of the school amid dozens of dorm vans and parents' cars loaded to the brim with high school and middle school students. Realizing it would be impossible to find a place to park, I meandered my way over to the gravel lot, and parked illegally next to a trailer. It was the first Wednesday of Small Groups, and the sound of squealing and excitement could be heard the instant I opened my car door. As I rounded the corner of the building, a group of girls caught sight of me, and the next thing I knew, a flash of color was coming at me as two of my girls launched themselves into my arms. And wow, did it feel good to see them again.

My co-leader and I have the privilege of walking through this Sophomore year with the same 5 girls as last: HR with her innocent questions and sensitive heart, CB whose quiet quirky sense of humor and artistic eye impress us every week, PM with her bubbliness and genuine desire to grow more like Christ, HH whose heart bleeds for the world and who longs to feel Christ's affection for her, and EE who - with her mothering capabilities - rounds out the group and pulls truth out of the depths of our hearts. What can I say? I simply love these girls!

The photos below are from last week when I was able to pass along some gifts that my supporting church (Treasure Valley Baptist Church of Oregon) sent with me this summer. To say that they were thrilled is an understatement. Thanks TVBC!





No comments: