Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Class of 2021

 On Saturday, I woke up at 6 am to watch the live stream of BFA's Graduation Ceremony. I cheered, I laughed, I cried, and I was so proud. These were some of my favorite "kiddos" back in Middle School, the 7th graders who welcomed me back from my first long Home Assignment with joy and excitement, even though they didn't know me from a stranger on the street.


As I look at this picture from their 8th grade trip to Lugano Switzerland, various memories flood my mind. I see Joe and instantly remember his attempt at an Italian accent when he was trying to sell me pizza. Sweet Esther opened up with me on the hike during this trip and shared vulnerably about how hard it was being compared to her younger sister all the time, even though she had incredible athletic talents herself. I recall the students who were both new and who walked some of the roughest transitions I've witnessed, but have absolutely shined in high school to the point where both of them received the character award for intense Personal Growth. Well deserved, Lizzy and Daniel. Jaedon and Beth wowed us on stage while Melody and Joel stole our hears on the court. And sweet Sarah - how could we not beam with pride when she became only the second ever female Student Body President; her soft-hearted and clear-visioned leadership in this COVID year was invaluable.

I have nothing left to say but that my prayers go with you, Class of 2021. "Be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you!" (1 Samuel 12:24).

No comments: