Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Well, football didn't exactly start off on the right foot, though the Broncos won (that one's for you, Rachel). 

But I can't even begin to describe what a wonderfully encouraging week it has been! I thought I used to know a little something about the power or prayer. I felt I used to honestly say "Prayer support is more important than financial support, " and I was sure I actually believed it. Well, whether or not I understood it before, this last week proved it over and over. Being prayed for is a true treasure, a gift that really is so easily to give and can mean a world to the person who hears it. Standing before the throne of God with fellow believers and hearing them lift you up humbles me immensely. 

I feel inspired to pray more for others, to be able to intercede for others in the same powerful way they have been for me. My biggest fear is that this new desire will pass again in a week. How do I stay fervent?

No comments: