Friday, April 24, 2009

Reunion, of sorts

Yesterday I subbed at the high school that most of my students from last year went to. (Last year I student taught in an 8th grade classroom in the Spring Lake Park district). I didn't think too much about it until I showed up and found out I'd have all 9th grade classes. Looking at the seating charts, I was so excited to see that I still recognized many names, and it was even more hilarious throughout the morning as they came in and would look at me suspiciously. Lindsay did some double-takes and finally worked up the courage to come up and say, "Have you subbed for us before?" Henry could place me, but couldn't remember my name. With pointed finger in my face, he kept stuttering, "You're, ... you're, ... last year ... you're Miss ... Miss ...." I finally helped the poor guy out. Colton, my super loud-mouthed kid from last year, didn't say anything until I called on Andrew and Jonathan by name to stop chatting. Colton's head jerked up and he stared at me. Finally, Lorna next to him leaned over and whispered something, and in typical Colton-fashion, he burst out, "Oh, Miss Custer!!! Freaky!" It was pretty funny.

No comments: