Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 1: Nairobi

I don't know if today really counts as a true Kenyan experience with the exception of a few things:

1. The power went out 3 times while I tried to blow dry my hair. I think it was me. Oh well, the mop look did it for me.
2. I found a finger nail in my slushy. Yeah. That one was rather gross.

We slept in, had a lazy morning, and then drove to this nice, tropical-looking garden cafe for lunch. I had a Mexikenya salad and was simply thrilled that it was topped by lots of avacado. That in tandem with my mango juice set everything off on the right foot for the day.

The afternoon was spent seeing various parts of Nairobi from the back of the car and then enjoying The Hobbit. Now, I know what you're thinking. "You travel all the way to Kenya to see a movie theater!?" Well, when the price is $4.50 versus $20 in Switzerland - yes!

We came home, and I've been grading for my online class most of the evening. Not what you call an exciting night, but it needs to be done by tomorrow night, before I can leave on my Safari! So, I suppose I should probably call it a night, so that tomorrow I can have a few more adventures during the day.

Asante!

1 comment:

jake said...

Have lots and lots of fun and unusual experiences! But hopefully no more finger nails :0
Love and miss you, Mama