Sunday, December 30, 2012

Day 11: Final Day in Africa

 Me feeding a giraffe!


The coolest thing on this day was getting to feed giraffes at a Wildlife Center. Their sticky tongues wrap around your hand with all the food pellets and when they withdraw it, the food is gone. It was the weirdest sensation, so I had to do it multiple times until in the end I had giraffe slime all over my left hand. Don't worry, I washed them. :-)

The hardest part of the day was saying good-bye to Kristin. :-( My time here went far too quickly (as I knew it would), and while I'm looking forward to my bed and non-suitcased clothes, I'm going to miss the sunshine, the mangos, and having such a good friend at my beck and call and availability for any conversation or adventure. Thanks for an amazing sights and sounds, Kristin!

No comments: