Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Boring meetings: the bane of my existence

I thought there was nothing worse than sitting through boring big-picture meetings ("Let's talk about our mission and vision statements for a few hours") with no chance for escape. I was wrong. There is something worse: sitting through boring big-picture meetings with no chance for escape in a foreign language I can't understand!!!!!!

Nearly 3 hours of people talking while I got up for tea twice, went to the bathroom once, stared at the cute guy in the sound booth, watched the guy in the sound booth change a light bulb, counted all 102 flags in the room, started in on the lights on the Christmas tree, and tried to keep my eyes from rolling into the back of my head. When the meeting was done, I'm sure everyone wondered what English emergency I bolted off to, but I was more afraid they'd find another agenda item we hadn't covered yet. Ugh. Boring meetings.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Way to come up with ways to entertain yourself! Can't wait to see you when you're back in the States!

ella peterson said...

oh sad! i look forward to meetings! granted i don't have to sit in on the ones that are about our vision and mission statements... maybe i wouldn't then...