Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Niagara Falls

As long as I live, I will never forget the moment I stood on the deck of the Maid of the Mist and saw the Horseshoe Falls of the Niagara Falls grow clearer out of the water spray. It was as if everyone else on the boat ceased to exist. Three sides of me, as far up as I could look, there was water just pouring over the edge of the world and into the basin where we stood. I felt as if this was the footstool of God's throne, and if we could just climb it, we'd be able to see God himself. I've seen a lot of majestic mountains, coral-colored sunsets, and palm trees on fine-combed white sand beaches in my short life, but this view will rival them. I have no picture of the actual view from below, but here's a second-rate one from above with new friends, Amanda and Peggy.

No comments: