Friday, July 17, 2009

Phoenix Sun

No, this isn't a blog about basketball (eh) but rather some snapshots of my weekend in hot Arizona. On Saturday, because it was soooo hot, Uncle Jim, Selma, cousin Roni and I drove up in elevation to visit the ghost town of Jerome and then the scenic tourist town of Sedona. Jerome had a great view down into the valley and some fun food in a restaurant called "The Asylum" (an old hospital). Sedona had gorgeous red rocks, dirt shirts, and misters that come out of every roof and cool passer-bys. Sadly, I got no pictures of the misters. By the way, "getting away to cool off" meant exchanging 115 for 95. When it's that hot, what's the difference?

On Sunday, we spent all day at church, the afternoon of which was most significant for me because that's when I presented my ministry to the Missions Committee. They were really encouraging and friendly though, making me feel right at ease. I probably talked a mile a minute. Oh well.

Monday was all about relaxing. Uncle Jim and Selma took me to a see Ice Age 3 (heehee), and then cousin Jaime came over to play cards. All in all, it was a fun getaway!

No comments: