Thursday, September 17, 2009

A grateful heart

I haven't been less grateful recently for the new gifts or commitments from supporters. It's just that I'm so busy and stressed thinking about all I need to accomplish in possibly less than 3 weeks. So, whenever I was notified of a new donor, I was more focused on the numbers and percentages and the pressure of whether it will be enough to leave by October 5th. The grateful heart got buried.

Yesterday, I confessed and asked God to give me a new heart. He came through! I received word that a whole slew of people I have never met but who somehow heard of my ministry gave over and abundantly in the last week to the tune of $1,300 in one-time gifts. How does a clean, new heart hear that kind of news and not break? I'm overwhelmed, God! You CAN do this and you ARE doing this!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you for your post. I could learn a thing or two from you. love you.

ks said...

You'd think being in ministry would make it easier to focus on things like having a grateful heart, but it's always too easy to focus on the wrong things. Where are you at financially? Are you more in need of one-time gifts or regular supporters?

Katrina Custer said...

Is that Kristen S? Hi! Yeah, you'd think so, huh, but I don't think it matters what job or work you're involved in. Having a grateful heart takes work and focus and daily submission, doesn't it.

Financially, I'm definitely in need of a few more regular supports, especially in the long-run. Right now, however, one-time gifts might be the more urgent to get there in October. :-) How are you guys?