Tuesday, September 29, 2009

In the Rockies

Well, Sylvester now has Colorado plates, and I have a Colorado license, and all my mail is coming to a Colorado address. It's bittersweet, but I know it's only the first small step of a larger step of leaving Minnesota.

Yesterday was my day at the DMV (only took three visits). Today will be my day at WorldVenture headquarters where I'll sign all the final paperwork and have my exit interview. I'm about 2% away from receiving clearance to book my plane ticket (which happens at 100% monthly support)! I still can't believe it myself. God's timing is flawless, isn't it?

The Rockies are beautiful. I'll never be able to explain it, but seeing mountains or being near them makes my heart sing in a way it just plain can't on the plains. I feel blanketed and yet free-er at the same time, perhaps because they're so familiar. Pikes Peak already has snow on it. I love winter and the general changing of seasons. God's creation is wonderful, isn't it?

No comments: