Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Walk to School

When I get up in the mornings, I often stand up on my bed and poke my head out my skylight window to look down on Marktplatz (market square) as well as my favorite church bell tower (oh my word, the bells started ringing just as I typed that - no joke!).Then, I shower, get dressed of course, make lunch, read my Bible, and pack my bag for school. Upon leaving my house, if I look back, this is what I see. The four right windows in the roof are to my cute apartment.
My first turn is down Blumenmuehlgasse, which makes me snicker every time because it means "flower mill alley." Not "flour mill," "flower mill." Who mills flowers?After that, I can either go through some houses (the shorter way) or along the creek (the pretty way). Here's a shot of the creek.I pass a grocery store and the fire department as well as this funny set up of metal bins for clothes donations. Note the efficient German way for depositing shoes is to tie them together.
Next, I pass my favorite house of the walk: this yellow one. I love the lace in every single window, even the attic ones.Finally, I reach the school. Here's a shot looking up at the main building. My office windows are the first four full-length ones on the top floor (from the left). And I'll follow up that description with a couple views of and from my office.
So, now you've gone to BFA with me. Hooray!

6 comments:

jake said...

It was great. Makes me want to go there for real sometime!

Spring Lela Kane said...

Beautiful architechture :)

The Arteagas said...

thanks for the tour, Katrina! looks like a beautiful place to be!

Sage Grasshopper said...

I agree, a lovely tour. How nice to have a cute little apartment and such a lovely walk to school. I didn't realize you were SO close to the church! No wonder the bells woke you up so much when you first arrived! :)

Allison said...

Thanks for the tour. It's really neat to see what you see so far away. It really looks beautiful.

Unknown said...

i lived in that favorite house of yours my first year in Kandern. :-)