Tuesday, June 17, 2008

It's official

On Sunday, they took all of us appointees through the rooms where our interviews would be held. I hadn't really been nervous up to that point, but they did a good job of changing that.

"Here's your waiting area. Sit and wait here until they call you into the conference room. Someone will be waiting with you to calm you down." (Calm me down?) "Then you'll come into the room. Come here to the far end of the table. Everyone will be standing. Do not sit down. They'll introducde themselves around the table, pray for you, and then when they sit, so may you." (Okay...) "There will be water and cleenexes here for you." (Did she say cleenexes?)

Needless to say, my heart was pounding on Sunday, but I guess if their goal was just to get us to pray more in preparation, it worked. I was actually fairly calm this morning (it helped it was the first night I'd slept since arriving here - thank you, Tylonol PM).

The short of it: The interview went well, and I've been accepted to be a missionary with WorldVenture!!!!!! All praise to heaven.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so awesome and exciting! I had no doubt that you would be accepted.

Allison said...

Congratulations! So what were the Kleenexes for?