Sunday, August 16, 2009

News you don't ever want to receive

It's 4:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep. It may partly be due to the fact that my bed is the floor, but I've slept on floors before. More likely, it's the fact that I have the image of a car hitting the back of a semi truck at full speed stuck in my head.

On Friday, we all received the terrible news that my cousin Jonathan Jacobsen had died in such a manner. It's been quite a shock and a rollercoaster weekend since my folks and I are actually in Texas for a surprise birthday party on the other side of the family. Clearly, that has been cut short now, and in a few hours we'll embark on a 12-hour car ride to Nebraska where family is converging. Jonathan was 24, had just finished his first year in med school at the University of Nebraska, was both the brightest and most laid back member of the family, had such a sense of humor, and loved family. He will obviously be missed!

Please pray for his parents, the family, and of course all his friends. The funeral will be Tuesday, and apparently the small country church is going to be maxed out. Thanks for all your care and concern. God is good!

No comments: