Sunday, August 2, 2009

The theater, the theater

Rosalind:
Love is merely a madness, and, I tell you, deserves
as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do: and
the reason why they are not so punished and cured
is, that the lunacy is so ordinary that the whippers
are in love too.


We went to free Shakespeare in the park today at Boom Island Park. I'd never seen As You Like It before, so I was super excited, even if it was an amateur theater company. Loved it! Loved the old English, loved Orlando, loved the setting outside, really loved Rosalind. What a heroine! Sadly, I forgot my camera. I'll bring it next time (if I can squeeze in going again :-)).

ORLANDO
Pardon me, dear Rosalind.

ROSALIND
Nay, an you be so tardy, come no more in my sight: I
had as lief be wooed of a snail.

ORLANDO
Of a snail?

ROSALIND
Ay, of a snail; for though he comes slowly, he
carries his house on his head; a better jointure,
I think, than you make a woman.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thanks for inviting me to the play lady! It was a lotta fun!!