Saturday, November 21, 2009

Battle in the Shower

Yesterday morning was just one of those days. I went to turn on the water for it to start heating up and forgot to lower the shower head first, so it sprayed directly into my face and of course onto the floor around me. I also forgot my friend had just taken a shower before me, so the water was already scalding hot. I began fumbling for the knob to make the water come out of the faucet, but when I pushed it in, it didn't stay and just squirt right back into my face and around. So I tried yanking the shower head down and proceeded to spray the entire bathroom. Then, I accidentally dropped it, which in turn made the shower head jerk around like a snake and spray the ceiling as well. I tried the knob two more times (it didn't stick either time), and finally I thought to turn the water off entirely. I was soaked and scalded.

I spread out a couple of towels on the ground and hopped into the shower, making sure I had a tight grip on the shower head before I turned the water on again. What I didn't check were the curtains. When I finished my shower and opened them, one had been outside the tub instead of inside. The bathroom was now not only wet; it was under 2 inches of water.

At that point, I had to laugh, or I would've cried. Sigh. Guess the bathroom needed to be cleaned anyway, right?

6 comments:

ella peterson said...

sounds like something i would go through! wow! sounds like an exciting morning!

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Shower 1, Katrina 0

Unknown said...

only you, kati, only you. what a funny story. congratulations on being able to laugh at yourself! :o)

Jen said...

please oh please write a book! SO FUNNY!

sorry about the scalding though, that stinks

Sage Grasshopper said...

Sounds to me like you were clean long before you actually took your shower! Well done! I would be lying if I said that never happened to me. Good times, good times.