Friday, November 27, 2009

Double Thanksgiving

I can't find my camera :-(, so pictures will have to wait. I did have Thanksgiving #1 last week at the Sonne dorm where I often sub. There were 50 people eating, and keep in mind that 30 of them were teenage boys with appetites to match. I watched SJ across from me pack away an entire double-sized turkey leg! Then, after dinner, we all had to go around and say one thing we were thankful for. Some of the answers were, of course, extremely funny and entertaining. But I was surprised by how many serious ones there were, too: thankfulness to the dorm parents and RA's for working so hard, thankful to BFA for existing as a safe place for them to come, thankful to God for loving them.

Thanksgiving dinner #2 was last night with my WorldVenture team. I made the green bean casserole, and in exchange got to gorge myself on turkey, the best stuffing I've ever had, and even pumpkin pie. It was so yummy. Plus, I got to connect with teachers and parents, RA's and students I don't get to see often. God is good, and I am blessed.

How was your Thanksgiving?

P.S. Just discovered one picture of me and the food on Jill's site: http://musickfamily.net/jill/blog/

2 comments:

ella peterson said...

hosted my first thansgiving ever! in a disheveled house! but we are officially moved in and looking toward finishing projects and unpacking!

Katrina Custer said...

Hooray!!! Praise God for that success. Can't wait to visit it again with life in it. :-)