Saturday, November 7, 2009

Plugging Away

Life it just plugging away here. Things are settling into a routine at work (as much as there can ever be one at school when your day keeps getting interrupted or changed around by college fairs, volleyball tournaments, observation requests, parent-teacher conference days, etc). My apartment is starting to feel like home.

I made 3 different soups in the last few weeks that were all yummy. One was white chili I made for my neighbors/bosses/landlords downstairs. I think it scored an 8. Then there was the pumpkin soup that I was most excited about. It was fine, but I'd remembered it better, so I'll give it a 7. The surprise one was Erdaepfelgulasch (potato gulasch). It was a first-time make, and - if I say so myself - turned out fantastic. My parents gobbled it up! :-) 10!

Today looks to be a mostly relaxing day. The sun is rising, which gives me hope for a nice Fall walk in between all the grading I have to do. Then tonight, I get to drive 10 girls to Zurich for a Jonas Brothers Concert. I'm here to serve, right! Actually, it should be fun to see Zurich and hang out with the Loves. Okay, enough stalling. Back to grading.

7 comments:

ella peterson said...

hey - who knows! maybe you'll become a Jonas Brothers Fan! :) enjoy the fall weather! we are getting some beautiful weather here as well! too bad all the leaves are gone; would have made a great picture day!

jake said...

It's great that our landlord loves to make soup since I love to eat soup!

Unknown said...

YEA Jonas Brothers!!! :o)

kartofelgulasch was one of my favorite things to make in innsbruck. yum yum. so glad you are settling in!

Katrina Custer said...

Mom, I was so confused by your comment because I thought you were talking about the Loves, and then suddenly I realized you meant me!

Sage Grasshopper said...

When I saw that Jonas Brothers post, it won the award for most random thing I had heard that day!

What's the difference between Erdaepfuln und Kartoffeln?

Sage Grasshopper said...

you know what I mean...I can't spell today!

Katrina Custer said...

There is no difference. In Austria we tended to say Kartoffel, but here I hear Erdaepfel more often.