Friday, November 13, 2009

Excitement of the Year

I'm living under quarantine! I've always wondered what it would feel like, and my guess is by tomorrow I'll be going crazy and break it (since it is somewhat self-imposed).

It's official: BFA has the swine flu. The German government STRONGLY urged shutting down for a week. We're trying 2 days for now. So, there will be no school Monday and Tuesday, but the kids have to be in their dorms or at home. Of course, that puts a major strain on all the dorms, so they did ask a bunch of us to sub. I'll be at Sonnenhof on Monday (my regular dorm I sub at) and Maugenhard on Tuesday - both boys' dorms. Classes will resume Wednesday with a strict "stay on campus" policy through the rest of the week. We'll see how this goes or how many more catch the thing. My opinion is that shutting all the well students into beehive dorms with the sick ones isn't the best answer, but what do I know?

If you think of our school, please pray! For health (obviously) but also for wisdom as the nurses work frantically and administrators make decisions. Thanks!

1 comment:

Sage Grasshopper said...

This is happening here as well. Bryan College is quarantining sick students to their rooms...with their roommates who are free to go to class...I don't get it. I especially don't get the mass hysteria, but hey, time off for you! :)