Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Europe, Final Part

After the container was loaded, my family headed in 3 different ways. Andi, Jen, Scott and Fiona all took scenic, slow routes while Mom, Dad, and I jumped into the truck we'd borrowed for my stuff and took off at 7 pm Friday night. We got into Kandern, Germany at 3 am where we promptly crashed for a few hours. Mid-morning we then unloaded all my future belongings into a storage facility belonging to Agape (a mission agency).

Then, my crazy parents, got back into the truck and drove it the 8 hours back to Spittal, arriving late Saturday night, before juming on the overnight train back to Kandern, arriving around 9:30 am Sunday morning. Talk about a whacky weekend.
I, spoiled as I am by my parents, stayed in Kandern where I slept, rested, prayed, read, and took a scenic walk through my future home.

If you want scenery though, Sunday trumped everything by far! We drove to Interlaken, Switzerland and took a cable car up to a mountain village, followed by dinner on the Interlaken lake, courtesy of some generous supporters who told Mom and Dad to spend it on the family. Just enjoy God's beauty the way it was meant to be enjoyed. We sure did!

Thanks for all your prayers for the transition, the good-byes, the packing, and all the travel. God is good!

2 comments:

ella peterson said...

these pictures make me want to say that you will DEFINITELY be seeing me at some point in germany!

Erin said...

Katrina - hope everything is going well with all of the transitions. I'll give you a call soon to catch up. (By the way, I like your haircut - it's super cute.)