Monday, June 8, 2009

My other brother's wedding

After time on the Oregon coast and Memorial Day in Portland, my parents picked me up on their way to Seattle. What was going on was that a really old friend from Austria who came to the states to go to bible college was marrying an American girl, and my Dad was performing the ceremony. Philipp was 2 days old when he and his mom left the hospital and came to stay with us until his dad could get off work (a few days later) and take them home. For a while, he was the only other kid at church next to me and the other MK's. We played countless games of Robin Hood in the woods, built a tree fort in his backyard with his Dad, ran through the streets of Villach to escape the masked monsters every December 5th, and of course there was the time senior year when he came faithfully to every dance practice and consented to be my partner at my ball. He's basically my 3rd brother, and it was a privilige to watch him get married to beautiful Chantelle last Sunday. Philipp, here's to you!

No comments: