Friday, June 5, 2009

The Coast


The second church I got to speak at about my missions adventure was in Newport, OR, which is directly on the coast. I can't even begin to tell you how fun it was to see the Pacific again, not that it's anywhere near warm enough to even dunk a toe in that far north. Mom froze.

The family we stayed with, the Rogers, were super friendly and had a beautiful, huge, self-maintained garden surrounding their property. It was gorgeous for wandering and doing devotions in. My parents and I shared about our respective ministries in two different house groups, at a Saturday night dinner, and Sunday morning - I in the youth group and Dad in the main service. One of the house groups generously peppered me with all kinds of questions and really wanted to get to know me. I'm always amazed at how blessed I feel when I leave groups or churches!

On Memorial Monday the 25th, my parents went south while I drove back to Portland to see a few more old friends. We had a barbeque in which Anna and Karissa proceeded to get marshmellows in their hair (even though you can't really tell in the pictures). Three of us women were former Austrian MK's, and two had lived in Austria for at least a year. I was super impressed with all the patient husbands who still participated fully in all our reminiscing conversations.

No comments: