Friday, January 22, 2010

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

This is why I love working in a guys' dorm every Thursday: I show up last night, and the RA's are making grilled cheese sandwiches. "Something wrong with the dinner delivery?" I asked. "Nope." All three smile. "We're just having a food fight with the meatballs, so we need back-up dinner." I had a really hard time not giving away the secret or peeing my pants while I waited for the boys to get home and dinner to start. I wasn't disappointed. It was totally worth every grain of rice I had to clean up afterwards and the 2 hours I spent mopping.

2 comments:

The Arteagas said...

that seriously is something that probably would have sent me over the edge! :-) you are very brave! :-)

ks said...

Do you ever think of yourself as Anne of Avonlea working at a school like that? Sometimes when I read your reports, I think of her.