Friday, January 29, 2010

What did we learn...?

Of the many weird things that happened today (and there was quite the myriad of them - I think there was something in the water), the most blogworthy one belongs to my 1st period student, AL. As we were getting started this morning on his vocab, he kept complaining that his cheeks hurt. How does one hurt one's cheeks, I wondered. Apparently, it's quite easy. You take half a tennis ball, squeeze it against your cheek so it stays suctioned to it, and leave it for about 10 minutes. Instead of a ring, you'll have about a million little blood vessels rise to the surface of your cheek that will, of course, burn. Poor kid. I finally sent him to the nurse's office to get an ice pack.

2 comments:

ella peterson said...

LOL it's just like sucking on skin or suctioning a cup to your mouth! not such a great feeling...

ks said...

My brother once did that with a lid over his lips. It ends up looking like a giant hickie.